Monday, July 18, 2011

We're Back!

Well, today we had a very late start leaving Farmington, New Mexico, because... None of us wanted to leave. We all wanted to go home (I missed my mommy and daddy!!!) but we LOVED this week in Farmington. I didn't know what to expect from this camp - after all, I thought we were going to Texas - but I was especially surprised when I found out we were really going to Farmington. I knew the goal of PBC this year was to evangelize, not just to put fliers on people's cars and have a concert the next day. Anyway, what my team received this week, I can't even put into words.

Pastor Josh Maloney and his wife are some of the nicest people I have ever met. He's a real preacher. I know that sounds funny, but whenever he preaches, you can just tell he's anointed by God.

The people in the Farmington church really want to do something for God. Most of them attended both outreaches, as far as I could tell, and they were so kind to all of us.

Our entire group got along great! Not all of us hung out before camp, but we all meshed together and became friends. Except Juan Pablo... I think he is mad at us for calling him that... But he is secretly nice even though he told me to delete his number from my phone... Anyway! This week we all got to know each other and made several new friends. I really loved our group. And so did Guero, even though all the girls beat him up hahaha.
Last, we loved our leaders. This was their first Pioneer Boot Camp, but Mr. Dan always had us laughing and Ms. Patty encouraged me to reach out to people and witness, no matter what I am doing.

That's all for now! I'll post pictures tomorrow! And thank you for reading the blog (Nacho Libre accent) EVERY DAY. It's fantastic, no? Hahaha. Goodnight.
~Natalie

No comments: